Sunday, May 13, 2007

Welcome to the 2008 Thumbs Up! Award Committee blog

Hello all,

I've set up this blog so that we can all begin discussing the books that we're reading for Thumbs Up! It's very helpful to get some conversation going about these books now so that we can keep the list managable throughout the year. Please take a moment to make a post about the books that you read giving a very brief description and your impressions, along with a YAY or NAY vote. (If you're truly on the fence, a MAYBE is alright, too.) If someone else beats you to it, great! Simply post a comment to that post chiming in with your vote and impressions. If you have any questions, please let me know. And happy reading!

2 Comments:

At June 12, 2007 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Patty said...

Hi Karrie and everyone,
I like this blog very much and I'm enjoying reading everyone's comments. It's also helping to shape my reading because I don't really want to invest the time if it's just going to go away soon! So, thanks!

 
At June 22, 2007 at 10:19 AM , Blogger kathy said...

From Kathy - now in Marshall
It has taken me a while to catch up during my transition from Brighton District Library to Marshall District Library, so here's my introduction (finally).

I moved from being Teen Librarian in Brighton to Head of Youth Services in Marshall. It is great to work with Angela Semifero and Laurie St. Laurent and other staff here. It is a small community, but really active and vocal - a fertile ground for growing superb library services.

This weekend I'll be taking My Dead Girlfriend and 101 Ways to Dance with me on a kayak weekend. I am a bit behind on reading for Thumbs Up, but expect to catch up now that the fiscal year is wrapping up!

Looking forward to meeting in August.

Cheers,
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home