Thursday, January 24, 2008

Night of the Howling Dogs by Graham Salisbury


This is a fictional account of what happened to a Boy Scout troop that was caught out on a Hawiian volcano when an earthquake and tsunami hit in 1975. I have a hard time seeing the appeal of this book for anyone over the age of 12 and found the writing to be standard, but unremarkable. Most of the character descriptions made me what to shout "SHOW me, don't TELL me". Not a bad book for a younger audience than ours, but not TU worthy.
Nay

2 Comments:

At January 24, 2008 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Iris said...

I concur, this title is too young for this award.

NAY.

 
At January 28, 2008 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Anne Keller said...

Totally agree 100 per cent. Too young! Nay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home