Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Now You See Her by J. Mitchard

Hope Shay is 15 years old and attends the Starwood Academy for Performing Arts. She is an outstanding actress whose mother pushes her to perfection. Hope meets Logan Rose and they immediately fall in love. He lands the role of Romeo and Hope will be Juliet in the upcoming school play. Since Logan is older than Hope and graduating soon, he hatches a plan to fake kidnap Hope so they can obtain ransom money from her parents so they can run away together. A psychological thriller leaving readers guessing til the very end.

Loved this book!

Yay

3 Comments:

At May 23, 2007 at 3:02 PM , Blogger Karrie said...

I'm still only a MAYBE on this one, but for having the same basic theme as Harmless, I thought this one was way better. I did like the fact that the narrator was not a very likable character, which was very different. I may change my mind to the good on this one at a later date. (I'm notoriously picky!)

 
At May 23, 2007 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Norton said...

Agree with Karrie. Narrator not likable and I thought the ending was very abrupt. MAYBE.

 
At August 23, 2007 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Iris said...

It was so hot last night I gave up sleep and read this book. Right off the bat I was confused by the narrator's complete lack of empathy, but by the middle of the story I could tell she was totally unbalanced, and I found myself skidding to the end. I think there will be a teen audience for the book if you put it in a girl's hand and say "kidnapping, hot boyfriend, drama" but I'm not prepared to give it an award. Nay

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home