Monday, November 26, 2007

Yellow Flag by Robert Lipstyle

This is a very fun book about racing which I really enjoyed. Kyle has an incredible talent for music, but unfortunately his family only cares about racing. When Kyle's brother is injured, Kyle steps in, but what he thinks is temporally helping out his family could soon ruin what he wants to accomplish with his music. His loyalty to his family and enjoyment racing make it tough for him to make a decision between racing and music and this is the best part of the book. Unfortunately, there are some very unrealistic parts and the ending is extremely blah, so I say NAY.

3 Comments:

At December 4, 2007 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Zandra said...

A Nay for me as well. This story just seemed too predictible adn at times it was confusing, especially since the author altenated between voices often. At times I wasn't sure who was "speaking" and I am sure the author mixed up the names a few times. I think this story will appeal to male reluctant readers.

 
At December 18, 2007 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Kara Fredericks said...

I also thought the "stream of consciousness" format that the author used was confusing. I thought the book was very easy to get into and read, but give it a NAY.

 
At January 10, 2008 at 10:11 AM , Blogger kathy said...

I just finished the book this morning, and even though Karrie just knocked this off the list, I am adding my Nay.

Reluctant readers, boys, NASCAR fans and band fags will probably enjoy - I enjoyed it more than I expected, but the ending was lacking the pace and resolve it needed for a qualifying finish.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home