Monday, November 12, 2007

What They Found: Love on 145th Street by Walter Dean Myers


Supposedly this collection of short stories is pulled together by the location of 145th Street, and some of the characters do cross stories. But to me there was no true common thread, and not a single character in here that I could care about. Myers' writing style varies wildly between stilted, archaic sounding narration and authentically urban sounding dialogue. I'm surprised I finished it, it's so far from being Myers at his best. A big NAY.

2 Comments:

At December 13, 2007 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Iris said...

This wasn't going anywhere for me, so Nay as well.

 
At December 18, 2007 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Norton said...

Ditto everything the two of you said, including the NAY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home