Saturday, November 3, 2007

Click by David Almond et al.


Click is a novel featuring chapters by popular authors based around a general storyline. George Keane was a famous photojournalist who leaves a strange inheritance to his grandchildren, Maggie gets seven shells and Jason gets autographed photos. Overall, I was impressed by the individual chapters. Maggie, Jason, and Gee's stories remained connected and intriguing, even when very different genres and formats were employed to tell them. I'm not entirely sure that this is a novel that will become a classic, but it is one of the more interesting concepts from this year. I'll give it a YAY.
Katie

2 Comments:

At January 22, 2008 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Patty said...

You know, I really liked this book until the last 3 chapters. I liked the different characters and points of view, and the descriptions of the photos and explanations behind them. However, I got a little confused once they started addressing time travel and such. Although I want to like it, I'll have to give it a NAY for the top 20.

 
At February 4, 2008 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Mary R said...

I was pleasantly surprised with this book. Each of the stories flowed into the next and gave a unified whole. Yay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home