Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dream Factory by Brad Barkley and Heather Hepler


I much prefer Brad and Heather to Rachel and David. I know Nick and Norah was the big hot read last year, but for my money, this team are much better writers, and it seemed to me that Hepler's writing has improved a lot in this second teaming.
Luke and Ella are working as characters at Disney World for the summer because the regular employees are on strike. It's typical teen novel fare: they both like each other, but let themselves get drawn in by other people, then it looks like they'll actually get together, then it flops, then it's happily ever after... but this duo really have a beautiful writing style that sets them apart. A YAY for me.

3 Comments:

At January 7, 2008 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Anne Keller said...

Okay, while I really liked the writing style, I was not impressed. At times the characters seemed like typical 17 year olds, and then they seemed like old souls. I liked some of the "behind the scenes" information about Disney, but just kept thinking "hook up already!" Didn't like the ending, too open ended. Just my opinion. Nay for me.

 
At January 7, 2008 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Janice Heilman said...

I liked it. YAY for me.

 
At February 2, 2008 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Iris said...

I thought this was an engaging novel, but had some failings in that I have prior knowledge of the workings of the Disney Kingdom. One of my house-mates in college actually wore the Chip character costume for a summer, and the way the REAL Disney characters work is quite a bit different than this fantastical union busting adventure.

I would recommend this to lots of girls, but I don't think sushi pjs are timeless. NAY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home