Monday, October 22, 2007

Jinx by Meg Cabot


I was pleasntly surprised with this book about an unlucky girl with the nickname of Jinx, who comes to live with her aunt, uncle and cousins in New York City from a small town in Iowa. Her cousin Tory had been practicing witchcraft and realizes that Jinx also shares the talent. Though Jinx is trying to escape that part of her life, she must embrace her gift to right some wrongs before Tory does more damage. I liked how the book touched on the typical issues that teens face, such as peer pressure and finding direction, while also incorporating the ever-popular witch theme. While I really liked it, I would give it a MAYBE, only because I felt that some of the other books I have read were more powerful.

1 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Kip said...

I thought this was a really solid book (that I also just finished), but it just seemed a bit over done and things wrapped up much too nicely at the end. This is great for the collection, but a NAY here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home