Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Someone Like Summer by M.E. Kerr


This book is a teen romance involving Anna, a 17 year old white girl, who falls in love with Esteban, an undocumented worker from Colombia, and who will never be together. The story deals with the issues of race, class and politics during the summer of 2005 in the town of Seaview in the Hamptons. And stereotypes and prejudices from both sides run rampant throughout the book. This story didn't do much for me. I felt like it was wrapped up too easily in the end. I have to give it a NAY.

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2007 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Iris said...

Yeah, I like Kerr, but this was a pretty contrived plot. I'll use it as a supplemental read for the Community Read next year (the subject is immigration). NAY.

 
At November 26, 2007 at 12:48 PM , Blogger Zandra said...

I agree wth Iris. The plot was a little too contrived. I would reccomend this book to teens who are looking for a quick read.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home