Saturday, October 6, 2007

Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli


I was looking forward to this book since Stargirl was quite good. In this sequel, Spinelli shows us Stargirl's side of the story. This is the next year and she is home schooled again and her family moved to Pennsylvania. She meets a bunch of quirky characters and continues her own quirky behaviors. This is solid, but I'm not sure that it stands alone and it took most of the book to hook me. Eventually, the new characters become interesting but the continuous lamenting over Leo gets old fast, so I say NAY.

3 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 at 7:46 AM , Blogger Kara Fredericks said...

I enjoyed the story and Stargirl's originality, but have to agree that I don't think it stands alone and have to give it a NAY.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Carey Holmes said...

I also liked the first Stargirl book very much. This one was good but not as good as the first. I don't think teens would find this one as appealing if they did not read the first one. So a Nay for me also.

 
At November 4, 2007 at 11:04 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Norton said...

I'm also a Nay. I loved the story, but not as much as the original; it doesn't stand alone, and the constant pining for Leo is wearing at best.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home