Monday, September 24, 2007

The Traitor's Gate by Avi


This book is historical fiction and takes place in London in 1849. The main character is a 14 year old boy named John who is trying to deal with his father's sentencing to prison for debt, and uncover the traitor who wants to steal some military secrets that his father is privy to. He comes in contact with many characters in London and he has to rely on himself to uncover who he can and cannot trust. This book is very past paced and I think it might appeal to a reluctant reader who is in their early teens or an older elementary student. I found it to be confusing at times and didn't appreciate the fast pace, but appreciated the authentic voice that Avi used in writing for the characters. I would have to say NAY though.

2 Comments:

At November 26, 2007 at 2:09 PM , Blogger Zandra said...

A NAY for me. I just couldn't get into this one. I would love to hear what others think about this one....maybe my vote could change to maybe.

 
At November 27, 2007 at 6:39 AM , Blogger Karrie said...

I'm with you, Zandra. Tried a few times to get into it, and just couldn't, which is usually the case for Avi for me. NAY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home