Monday, September 17, 2007

Games: A Tale of Two Bullies by Carol Gorman

Each suspended twice in the first few weeks of school, eighth-grade archnemeses Boot Quinn and Mick Sullivan have been sentenced to play board games every day during lunch period until they can get along.

This book may be a little young for Thumbs Up, but I'm hesitant to axe it from the list because it's a good look at real issues that a lot of kids face every day. It is both chilling and very thought-provoking on many levels and I'd definitely recommend it to some of the younger but advanced readers that haunt my teen area.

A MAYBE for now.

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2007 at 12:41 PM , Blogger Karrie said...

Again, I'm with Elizabeth on a lot of this. Definitely a book to recommend to the younger set, and a good message about how momentum can get people in bigger trouble than they bargained for, but it was a bit too implausible for me, so I give it a NAY.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home