Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Right Behind You by Gail Giles


Gail Giles' latest is good. Maybe not as compelling as Shattering Glass or Dead Girls Don't Write Letters, but still it is a thought provoking book. When Kip McFarland was 9, he set his 7-year neighbor on fire, using gasoline and a lighter. This is Kip's story as he grows up trying to deal with his heinous act. I don't want to give too much of the story away, but I will give this title a YAY and hope to hear how others feel about it.

6 Comments:

At September 5, 2007 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Anne Keller said...

I forgot all about this book I read it in ARC form a while back but I remember I really enjoyed it. If I remember correctly, the setting was in Alaska and then moved to the midwest. I thought the character was really well developed and thought it was very thought provoking. Can't remember if there was a surprise ending Giles style, but I give it a maybe.

 
At September 6, 2007 at 1:43 PM , Blogger Karrie said...

I'll add this one to the list. Patty, I'm impressed you're still going strong on your reading so close to your due date!!

 
At December 10, 2007 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I liked this. Kip/Wade was believable, honest, raw. I think Sam's big "secret" was a little ordinary to be seen as such a big issue, but overall it was a solid book. Yay

 
At January 11, 2008 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Mary R said...

I liked this one also. Yay

 
At January 12, 2008 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Iris said...

Wow, great read. Yay!

 
At February 6, 2008 at 10:29 PM , Blogger kathy said...

this will be fighting for a spot in the top 20 with Hero and Zen... Potential candidate. Writing isn't super wow, but emotions, reactions, topics and characters are solid.

YAY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home