Thursday, October 11, 2007

Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith


This is a good general entry in the "supernatural living in the human world" subgenre, but it didn't strike me as particularly outstanding. I actually spent quite a bit of the book wondering if it was a sequel and I had somehow missed that fact. The town's belief in and (sometimes)acceptance of shape-shifters and vampires needed more explaining. Also, Quincie's uncle's descent into "hell" didn't come off as believably as the rest of the story. Nay, but still a fun read.
Katie

1 Comments:

At October 15, 2007 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Mary R said...

I also thought I was missing something in understanding this city where werewolves are accepted. Some aspects of the story seemed original such as the way she was turned into a vampire, but I'm still going to give it a Nay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home