Sunday, October 28, 2007

Boy Toy by Barry Lyga



When Josh was 12 years old, he had a sexual relationship with his history teacher. Eventually she is caught and sent to prison. Skip ahead 5 years later and the teacher is released from prison. The novel is well written and unlike other novels that deal with this subject (Gone, Teach Me, and How It's Done) the author does an outstanding job of explaining the healing and recovery process that Josh goes thru. While some of the text is sexually graphic, it's not too over the top and this book is really for older teens. I give it a Yay.

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2007 at 9:18 AM , Blogger Karrie said...

I have to give this one a MAYBE. I thought the story was a very important one to tell, but I found all of the timeline editing mistakes too distracting.

 
At December 21, 2007 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Norton said...

I'm actually a NAY here. Hated the ending. Yeah, it's an important story to tell, but the ending seemed way too pat to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home