Saturday, January 12, 2008

This is What I Did by Ann Dee Ellis



This is a book for reluctant readers who want a quick read but with a lot of psychological suspense that keeps you reading just to find out what happened. This unique book, sort of told in verse, is about a boy named Logan who witnessed something dramatic last year that caused his family to move. Many rumors surround Logan at his new school and nobody really knows what happened to Logan and his best friend Zyler. This book will have widespread appeal, the plot moves swiftly, but honestly, I can't decide if I really loved it, liked it, or just thought what the ???? No closure at the end. I say Maybe. Interested to see what others say.

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2008 at 8:54 AM , Blogger Carol K said...

This book will have appeal for both boys and girls. It has an interesting format. I thought many of the characters were pretty flat. Some of the adult behavior (Jack) was unrealistic. I didn't think it had much literary value. I give it a Nay.

 
At January 21, 2008 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Janice Heilman said...

I thought it was okay but not great - NAY.

 
At February 6, 2008 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Carey Holmes said...

Nay

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home