Friday, May 25, 2007

Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares

Okay, speaking of the pants, here's the fourth installment in this familiar series. I'd read the first one, can't remember if I ever read the second, and know I didn't read the third. I could tell there were some gaps but could still follow the storyline. However, I'm not so sure I would have been able to if this was my first introduction to the Septembers, and being able to stand alone if part of the series is one of our criteria. Still something I would gladly recommend, not something I would give an award to. NAY from me.

5 Comments:

At May 25, 2007 at 11:40 AM , Blogger Anne Keller said...

Agree. I listened to it on Audio, I did read the first, loved the movie, did not read second or third and was still only slightly lost but a good novel overall, but not really award worthy compared to some of the other literature out there. More like a summer beach read. NAY also.

 
At May 25, 2007 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Kip said...

While I thought it was kind of neat to have four intertwined coming-of-age stories told at once, there was nothing special or unique going on here. NAY

 
At May 29, 2007 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Kara Fredericks said...

This was a good read, but nothing special for me either. NAY

 
At May 30, 2007 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Norton said...

I read the whole series and this was my least favorite; I think they went steadily downhill after the first book. NAY from me also

 
At May 30, 2007 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Mary R said...

I love the Sisterhood books, but don't think this one will be on our list. Nay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home