Thursday, July 5, 2007

Broken Moon by Kim Antieau

Nadira lives in either Pakistan or India where the reality for young, poor people is very harsh. She has been scarred as revenge for something her brother was accused of but didn't do. She believes no one will ever love her because of the scar on her face. Her brother is kidnapped (or sold) to become a camel jockey in another land. Nadira dresses as a boy to find him and bring him home. Life for the camel jockeys is very hard and dangerous, but through her telling of the stories of Shahrazad, she is able to survive and find her brother and bring him home.
This story reminded me a lot of Sold by Patricia McCormick. It depicts the harshness but also the hope. I give it a YAY

3 Comments:

At October 17, 2007 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Carey Holmes said...

I also enjoyed this story. It was a fast read. I give it a Yah also.

Carey

 
At January 26, 2008 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Janice Heilman said...

I enjoyed it & it was a quick read but I don't think it's in the top 20 so I'm gonna say NAY.

Also the first 30 or so pages weren't written as well as the rest of the book.

 
At January 28, 2008 at 12:32 PM , Blogger Anne Keller said...

Was okay, but not award worthy compared to others. Nay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home