Thursday, July 26, 2007

When the Mirror Lies by Tamra Orr




This book had a lot of potential, but that only made it fail on so. Many. Levels. It includes lots of statistics, fascinating facts, and real-life stories about people who have faced eating disorders, and touches on eating disorders that aren't covered in a typical school health class. It had a lot of problems, though. First of all, the setup was similar to that of a magazine, with so many things on a page that often I got confused about what order things were supposed to be read in. Also, there were a lot of glaring editorial errors like wrong verb tenses, missing words, and wrong forms of words used (for example, I don't think the author knew the difference between affect and effect as this particular mistake occurred a few times). At one point, I actually flipped back to the beginning thinking I'd been sent an ARC by mistake. No pun intended, but this is a big, fat NAY.

1 Comments:

At July 27, 2007 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Karrie said...

I second that emotion. NAY from me, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home