Monday, July 9, 2007

The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti


Jade DeLuna is a high school senior with an anxiety disorder. To help keep her anxiety attacks at bay, she visits the elephants at the local zoo. There, she meets Sebastian, a teenage father who is raising his son on his own.

I am a rampant fan of Caletti's earlier book Honey, Baby, Sweetheart, but this book didn't do much for me. Caletti's portrayal of anxiety attacks is eerily accurate and there's something mildly compelling about Jade's character and the elephants of whom she is so fond, but the end of the story left me cold and the book is dense and felt like it took forever to read.

For now, I'm giving this book a MAYBE.

1 Comments:

At September 29, 2007 at 1:03 PM , Blogger Iris said...

Meh.. I thought it would be cool to read about a girl with anxiety issues, but I wasn't too enthused after a certain point. The ending was such a let-down IMO. Nay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home