Thursday, August 2, 2007

Maximum Ride: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson


This is the third book in a series about Max and her flock, a group of kids genetically engineered to be half human, half bird. It was a bit tough to follow without having read the first two, as it's apparent that lots of convoluted stuff has happened to them as they get out of the lab where they were "born" and experimented on, and it's unclear what's been real and what's been psychological experiments to see how they react to pressure. A NAY because of that and the fact that it's not great literature; however, Max is a funny, snarky narrator and the action is fast and furious. I would absolutely recommend the series to action/adventure buffs.

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2007 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Deb Motley said...

I listened to this (and the rest of the series) on audio. I really enjoyed the series although I don't think it has much literary value and this 3rd book can't stand on its own. It also left questions unanswered for me. I give it a nay but recommend the series for teens looking for lots of action.

 
At October 15, 2007 at 2:05 PM , Blogger Mary R said...

I recommend this series all the time for fantasy/action fans, but it simple does not stand alone. Nay.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home