Saturday, December 29, 2007

General Winston's Daughter by Sharon Shinn

This is a huge YAY for me. Averie travels to the wild land of Chiarrin to be near her father, General Winston, and her fiance Morgan, who is moving up the ranks in their military. Unlike most of her people, Averie wants to immerse herself in this new culture and befriends a Chiarrin girl who becomes her maid. Averie is a smart girl, except she has been extremely sheltered and now she realizes how different the world is that she thought. Different perspectives on imperialism are show through the Averie's family, the Chiarrin maid and Lieutenant Ket Du'kai, a handsome (of course) man whose own land was overtaken by a larger nation. The different lands are extremely well-done by Shinn and I was totally lost in this novel that is really a romance, but could also appeal to some fantasy fans. YAY.

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2008 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Kara Fredericks said...

I loved this book and could not put it down. It had everything that you could want in a story from adventure to romance. This is a definite YAY for me.

 
At February 3, 2008 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Anne Keller said...

I love Sharon Shinn and I absolutely loved this book! How adventuresome! Although fiction, the war themes could be adopted in today's times. Huge YAY for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home