Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Tamar

Update: Definitely a Yay. Tamar is a beautiful and mature story of two spies in Holland, trained by the British to unify the scattered resistance forces in preparation for the Allied invasion of Europe. It is also the story of a girl whose father commits suicide, leaving her with more questions than she ever realized existed about her family history.

I want to edit here and say that one of the things I loved about this book is that there is real history in it. I learned something. I wanted to know more.

4 Comments:

At May 31, 2007 at 10:10 AM , Blogger Kip said...

Great book. Reminded me a bit of The Book Thief by Zusak. It is a detailed and bittersweet story with a complex plot. this is a YAY.

 
At August 6, 2007 at 7:03 AM , Blogger Deb Motley said...

A YAY for me, too. I really liked this book, the history, the love story, the mystery. I'll be curious whether I can sell it to teens though, because, like the Book Thief, it's very sophisticated in the telling.

 
At October 2, 2007 at 3:58 PM , Blogger kathy said...

I add another YAY to the vote.
History, espionage, relationships, civil disobedience, and some hard topics.

 
At November 26, 2007 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Zandra said...

I agree with all of the comments so far on this book. But, like Deb, I wonder if I can sell it to teens because of its complexity. YAY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home