Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Evil Genius by Catherine Jinks


Here's the description from amazon (which is better than a description I could come up with!):
"Cadel Piggott has a genius IQ and a fascination with systems of all kinds. At seven, he was illegally hacking into computers. Now he’s fourteen and studying for his World Domination degree, taking classes like embezzlement, misinformation, forgery, and infiltration at the institute founded by criminal mastermind Dr. Phineas Darkkon. Although Cadel may be advanced beyond his years, at heart he’s a lonely kid. When he falls for the mysterious and brilliant Kay-Lee, he begins to question the moral implications of his studies for the first time. But is it too late to stop Dr. Darkkon from carrying out his evil plot?
An engrossing thriller with darkness and humor, freaks and geeks, Evil Genius explores the fine line between good and evil in a strange world of manipulations and subterfuge where nothing is as it seems."

I really liked it & completely agree with the description above. I give it a YAY! Definitely has boy appeal.

4 Comments:

At October 17, 2007 at 12:37 PM , Blogger Carey Holmes said...

Just finished this one and couldn't put it down. Great book, Yah.
Carey

 
At January 21, 2008 at 4:50 PM , Blogger Iris said...

I was unsure about this one simply because I kept comparing Cadel to Artemis.. and Artemis would kick Cadel's butt any day of the week.

Nevertheless, the story was pretty good and it was certainly one of the more action filled plots we've read (and I like action!), so Maybe.

 
At February 3, 2008 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Carol K said...

This is one of my top 10. Loved the story. Great appeal to boys. A YAY for me.

 
At February 4, 2008 at 9:01 PM , Blogger kathy said...

I wanted Cadel to have the gumption, wit, strategy, and sarcastic dialogue of Artemis. I haven't finished Evil Genius - I was getting bored with the details of the school and many teachers (is that important to the story? Worth reading on?). For a child so focused on what he wants, he doesn't know what he wants. There's foreshadowing that he doesn't want to kill (poison). at this point, I'm inclined to NAY. Willing to read further should the masses protest.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home