Thursday, June 7, 2007

Harley's Ninth by Cat Bauer



A day in the life of sixteen-year-old Harley, in which she thinks she might be pregnant, connects with her famous Broadway stage designer father, fights with her up-and-coming rockstar boyfriend, is reunited with her long-lost talented grandmother, and caps off the day with her own art exhibit in a New York gallery. Yet another fantasy masquerading as realistic fiction. I know that teens like to read about things outside of their own reality, but I tire of these books that make it seem so easy for teens to become famous without a lot of hard work. Plus the characters all seemed hastily sketched. NAY for me.

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Elizabeth Norton said...

God save me from ever having a single day that I can stretch to fit into 140-something pages. Not enough characterization and Harley especially seems like a drama queen. A NAY in my book.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home