Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Blaze of Silver by K.M. Grant

Blaze of Silver is third in the Granville Trilogy by K.M. Grant.
It has the feel of an epic movie with sweeping views of forest, desert, sea, knights, nuns and horses. It is set during the Crusades, but I can't attest to how well it would stand up to a historical fiction label.

While there are interesting elements, fealty/loyalty, jealousy, unrequited love, relationships across barriers and good character sketches, I don't feel it stands on its own for Thumbs Up.

NAY

3 Comments:

At August 13, 2007 at 7:49 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Agreed. Especially since I went back and perused the others in the trilogy to keep some things stright. Nay

 
At October 15, 2007 at 2:03 PM , Blogger Mary R said...

Love this series, but this book doesn't stand alone. Nay.

 
At November 26, 2007 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Zandra said...

I am not familiar with the series and couldn't get into this book. From what I read I don't think it's award worthy. NAY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home