Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Unwind by Neal Shusterman


Unwind by Neal Shusterman is a definite YES! I found myself thinking about it and telling people about it as I was reading it. The premise is pretty basic--a not-too distant future where abortion is illegal but teens can be harvested for their organs up to the age of 18, a process called "unwinding". As a result, there's a lot of runaway "unwinds" and a whole lot of juvey cops chasing them. Connor, Risa, and Lev form an unlikely trio of runaways who overcome many obstacles and dangerous, action-packed situations leading to a dramatic climax. Although the premise is grim, there's funny parts, too. It really made me think and I think teens will definitely enjoy it. YES!

1 Comments:

At January 8, 2008 at 7:14 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I also liked Unwind, but there were quite a few editorial errors. I don't know if that makes a book less distinguised (as they are easily rectifiable), but I found it bothersome. Maybe, waiting to see what others think.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home