Sunday, January 13, 2008

Don't Call Me Ishmael by Michael Gerard Bauer


I read this book without any expectations. I spent the whole weekend watching football playoffs and reading and was sort of disappointed in the books I read. I hadn't read anything or reviews about this book and I LOVED IT!!!! Oh my gosh, there a few priceless scenes that should get academy awards if they awarded them to teen literature scenes. Where has this author been my whole life? In Australia.
This book is about bullying (I know you are thinking, been there done that in teen lit) but this is just so refreshingly different that...could I be speechless. Well, I won't even give a plot in order to not give anything away. Please read this book by next meeting, can't wait to hear others opinions! A thousand YAY's for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

At January 23, 2008 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Elizabeth Norton said...

I'm with Anne. A fun, lighthearted totally worthy read. YAY.

 
At January 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM , Blogger kathy said...

three or four scenes (the academy award winning ones Anne mentioned probably) caused me to shout out with laughter. Ishmael slowly emerges from hiding with trembling, compassion and eventually teamwork. humor, with serious issues like bullying. definitely a top 20. YAY

 
At January 27, 2008 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Karrie said...

Laugh out loud funny, and enough of a happy ending without being too perfect. YAY!

 
At January 28, 2008 at 6:46 AM , Blogger Katie said...

Yup-this is a YAY!

 
At February 5, 2008 at 1:26 PM , Blogger Iris said...

Yay for me too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home