Monday, December 31, 2007

Dragonhaven by Robin McKinley

I love teen fantasy and was really hoping this book would be great, but I've found I can't even get through it. The problem is that Jake, the teen narrator, is telling the story of what already happened to him when he went on an overnight camping trip in his father's nature preserve and discovered a dying dragon. He rescued her baby dragon which of course imprinted on him as the mother. I love the premise for this story, but Jake is soooo long winded in telling it. He repeats himself over and over. I can just hear some of my teen boys who should love this story crying out "but nothing happens!" It just goes on and on and on. Nay!

2 Comments:

At January 2, 2008 at 2:39 PM , Blogger Katie said...

I agree with Mary. I love McKinley, but this one fell far short of what she is capable of. Nay

 
At January 15, 2008 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Janice Heilman said...

NAY for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home