Friday, January 4, 2008

The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural Edited by Deborah Noyes



Just as the subtitle states, this book is made up of 10 short stories by 10 different "teen" authors. I definitely enjoyed some of the stories better than other, such as "Kissing Dead Boys" by Annette Curtis Klause and "Bad Things" by Libba Bray. I thought the first story, by Kelly Link, was horrible and I almost out the book down right then and there. I didn't find these stories to be all that "spine-tingling" like the book jacket says though. And the teens in my library must agree because it has hardly circulated. I have to say NAY on this one, it just doesn't hold a candle to some of the other titles I have read.

2 Comments:

At January 5, 2008 at 9:38 PM , Blogger Zandra said...

Some of the stories were o.k., but over all I didn't like this one. NAY

 
At January 9, 2008 at 7:00 AM , Blogger kathy said...

I am adding my NAY to this. I agree with Kara about the first story which sinks the collection.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home