Monday, August 13, 2007

Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


Now this is what I'm talking about! Wicked Lovely is an incredible debut that combines contemporary themes and historical fantasy. Aislinn has always been able to see faeries, they have pervaded her life with their hedonistic and often terrifying ways. Now she has been targeted as the new Summer Queen by Keenan. Keenan is the gorgeous Summer King who has been searching for 900 years for his co-ruler. What nobody bargains for is Aislinn's great strength, personal resolve to maintain her mortal life, and her love of a mortal. Takes the old girl-hopelessly-falls-for-immortal-and-needs-rescuing and turns it on its head!
YAY!

5 Comments:

At September 10, 2007 at 9:13 AM , Blogger Anne Keller said...

I will have to give this book another chance. I just couldn't get into it, so based on the previous glowing review, I will revisit. Anne

 
At September 18, 2007 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Mary R said...

This is a great book to recommend to all of the Twilight fans. It was a little slow at the beginning, but a fascinating look at the world of fairies and how mortals can enter their world. I give this a definite Yay!

 
At September 30, 2007 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Deb Motley said...

It took a while for me to get into it, too. Aislinn is a great character, though, totally sure of what she wants. I did question sometimes why she put herself in the Summer King's clutches, but by sticking to her guns, she got what she wanted. Yay for me.

 
At October 11, 2007 at 10:53 AM , Blogger Carey Holmes said...

I have not read this one but have shown it to teens that were Twilight fans and they did not like it. In fact I had one of them tell me it sucked. Like I said I have never read it but from the three teens that I know pretty well, they would have to disagree. Just throwing it out there.

 
At January 21, 2008 at 9:16 AM , Blogger Iris said...

Crap, thought I'd posted on this one. An interesting take on fairy lore, with some very up to date aspects to it which I approved of. The city didn't feel quite real to me, and I didn't think the grandmother character was well-fleshed out, but it was an enjoyable read. NAY for Awards, but it deserves shelf space and a spot on a fantasy booklist.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home