Monday, August 13, 2007

The Red Shoe by Ursula Dubosarsky

The Red Shoe takes place in Australia and chronicles the real life story of a Russian defector hiding duing the Cold War. The story is told through three sisters, but mostly through Matilda who wants to be a spy when she grows up. I think the author has a neat writing style, though much of the story has little to do with the plot. This is a solid tale, though I don't think it has much appeal for teens with its young characters and somewhat obscure subject. I give it a NAY.

2 Comments:

At September 2, 2007 at 4:19 PM , Blogger Zandra said...

I just don't see teen appeal here. A NAY for me.

 
At October 2, 2007 at 4:28 PM , Blogger kathy said...

Agree on the NAY. Too obscure, but newspaper excerpts make it fun for history buffs. Interesting slice of life in the past in Australia, but not a wide teen appeal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home